Little Rock, Arkansas
A birth injury is any trauma or injury sustained by an infant during the process of childbirth.
Although some birth injuries are the result of uncontrollable occurrences, others are preventable and are caused by medical malpractice. If your child suffered a birth injury that you believe was due to medical negligence, a consultation with the experienced Little Rock birth injury attorneys at the Duncan Firm can determine if you have the basis for a lawsuit.
Types of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries should not be confused with birth defects, which involve harm to an infant that was sustained prior to childbirth and may be the result of genetics or other factors. Common birth injuries in medical malpractice cases include:
Childbirth should be an exciting, joyous experience, and parents should be able to trust that the health care professionals attending the mother and baby exercise proper care during the process. When medical professionals fail in their duty, they must be held accountable for the harm they cause.
Causes of Birth Injuries
Medical errors can result in birth injuries or worsen the severity of existing problems during childbirth. Common causes of birth injuries related to medical negligence include:
- Failure to adequately monitor the mother and/or infant
- Failure to initiate a Caesarean section in a timely fashion
- Failure to properly treat fetal distress
- Forceps damage
- Improper use of medical equipment or technique
- Medication/prescription drug error
- Oxygen deprivation
- Performance of an unnecessary C-section
- Vacuum extraction negligence
The Little Rock birth injury lawyers at the Duncan Firm have decades of experience helping families of children who are the victims of birth injuries due to medical negligence recover the compensation they need and deserve.
For more information, please see Questions about Cerebral Palsy.
If your child suffered a birth injury that you believe is due to medical negligence, please contact the Little Rock, Arkansas, attorneys at the Duncan Firm to schedule a free case consultation.
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Questions About Auto Accidents
- Causes of Car Crashes
- Know Your Insurance Company
- Drunk Drivers
- Arkansas Car Accident Statistics
- Car Accidents at Intersections
- Cell Phones and Car Accidents
- Car Accidents with Motorcycles
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
- What is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
- Whiplash After Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Van and SUV Accidents
- Other Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Defective Products
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Whistleblower and Class Action Lawsuits
- Consumer and Government Fraud