Cerebral Palsy Attorney
Birth Injury Lawyers in Little Rock, Arkansas
Cerebral palsy encompasses a series of disorders characterized by a loss of muscle control and nerve function.
Cerebral palsy is sometimes the result of abnormal brain development of the fetus during pregnancy, but it can also be caused by brain injuries sustained during childbirth due to medical malpractice. If your child suffers from cerebral palsy that you believe was caused by medical negligence, the experienced Little Rock medical malpractice attorneys at the Duncan Firm may be able to help you recover the compensation you and your family need.
Medical Errors that Lead to Cerebral Palsy
Too often, medical negligence during childbirth is responsible for cerebral palsy. Medical errors that can result in cerebral palsy include:
- Improper use of forceps during delivery
- Improper use of vacuum extraction during childbirth
- Failure to perform a Caesarean section in a timely fashion
- Failure to properly monitor the mother and/or infant during and immediately following childbirth
- Failure to react properly to fetal distress
- Medication/prescription drug errors
Cerebral palsy can be caused by natural factors beyond the control of medical professionals. However, when medical negligence is suspected in contributing to cerebral palsy or other birth injuries, it’s important to contact a birth injury attorney as soon as possible to determine your grounds for a claim and help you preserve evidence to support that claim.
For further information, please see Questions about Cerebral Palsy.
If your child suffers from cerebral palsy that you believe was caused by medical malpractice, please contact the Little Rock, Arkansas birth injury lawyers at the Duncan Firm for a free consultation.
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Questions About Auto Accidents
- Causes of Car Crashes
- Know Your Insurance Company
- Drunk Drivers
- Arkansas Car Accident Statistics
- Car Accidents at Intersections
- Cell Phones and Car Accidents
- Car Accidents with Motorcycles
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
- What is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
- Whiplash After Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Van and SUV Accidents
- Other Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Defective Products
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Whistleblower and Class Action Lawsuits
- Consumer and Government Fraud