Insurance Bad Faith
Little Rock, Arkansas
When an insurance company refuses to pay a claim or delays the payment of a claim for no apparent reason, or when they fail to uphold their end of your insurance policy, it is referred to as insurance bad faith.
Essentially, every insurance policy is a contract between you and an insurance company. Your obligation is to pay the premium, while the insurance company is supposed to pay for the claim if it is covered by the policy. When an insurance company fails to uphold their end of the deal, it could be bad faith. Some of the most common forms of insurance bad faith include:
- Unreasonably attempting to lowball the payment of an insurance claim
- Failing to investigate a claim adequately
- Failing to reasonably interpret the language of an insurance policy
- Unreasonably denying your insurance claim
- Unreasonably insisting that you are healthy enough to work
An insurance policy is a very special contract between an individual and an insurance company. As a result of this special form of contract, the law imposes an obligation on insurance companies – that they must have good faith toward and deal fairly with policyholders. This means that language in the insurance policy must be interpreted in favor of the policyholder, among other rules.
If you believe that you are the victim of insurance bad faith, and you live in the Little Rock, Arkansas area, it is important that you contact one of the experienced insurance bad faith attorneys at Duncan Firm.
Many forms of insurance bad faith can be settled with the assistance of one of your insurance bad faith lawyers, but the law limits the amount of time you have to file your insurance bad faith claim. Also, many insurance bad faith claims require aggressive legal action to preserve your rights as a policyholder.
Insurance companies should never treat you unfairly. If you have paid your insurance premiums and feel the insurance company is treating you unfairly, you need to contact experienced lawyers.
If you believe your insurance company has not upheld their end of your policy, please contact the Duncan Firm today to schedule your free initial insurance bad faith consultation.
- 18-Wheeler Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Questions About Auto Accidents
- Causes of Car Crashes
- Know Your Insurance Company
- Drunk Drivers
- Arkansas Car Accident Statistics
- Car Accidents at Intersections
- Cell Phones and Car Accidents
- Car Accidents with Motorcycles
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists
- What is My Car Accident Claim Worth?
- Whiplash After Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Van and SUV Accidents
- Other Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Workers' Compensation
- Defective Products
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Whistleblower and Class Action Lawsuits
- Consumer and Government Fraud